LEGAL SECRETARY POSITION
General practice law firm with office locations in Boston and Lynn has an immediate opening for a Full-time Legal Secretary for its’ Lynn office. The firm represents individuals and businesses in practice areas that include family law, probate, criminal defense, employment law, estate planning, and real estate. We offer 401k, vacation, sick, professional development assistance and holiday pay.
The successful candidate will participate as a team member to assume the duties of administrative support for the firm. Responsibilities will include greeting clients and visitors in a manner that promotes the professional image and best interests of the firm. Answering phones, screening and processing calls, scheduling calls and meetings. Preparing documents for meetings and court hearings. Entering important dates and deadlines into the calendar. Assist in adhering to deadlines. Process outgoing mail to assure timely delivery. Filing and scanning all correspondence into client’s files and MyCase. Copying as needed, perform other duties as requested or assigned.
This is an entry level position that has potential room for growth into a junior paralegal role for the right candidate.
- Minimum 2 years experience preferred
- High school diploma required. College degree preferred
- Bilingual; Spanish speaking preferred.
- Collaborates effectively and professionally with clients and all levels of personnel, including attorneys, coworkers and administrators
- Able to manage and maintain high volume of work flow
- Positive, can-do attitude is a must
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft office programs including MS Word and Excel required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required
- Availability for travel and performing overtime (as needed) required
- Must be organized, reliable, and attention to detail is a must
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To apply to this position send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org